. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday, June 6th: Hero - Clint Eastwood


As my other Dad, Dennis, would say: "Clint, Baby!!"

I saw an interview done with Clint Eastwood about the upcoming release of a box-set of all his Dirty Harry movies. In the interview the reporter asks him what he thought about Spike Lee saying Clint's movie 'Flag of our Fathers' should have had more black people in it, even though there were no black people in the regiment that put the flag up.

Clint's response "He needs to go back and study the history" and "People like him need to shut their face". Sucka...

So the reason I love Clint Eastwood, beside the fact that he's made some awesome movies, is that he says exactly what's on his mind. He doesn't worry about what everyone else thinks. He makes a movie, and just because it's the politically correct thing to put in minorities, if it wouldn't make sense to the history, he says screw it, I'm going to make it the way it really was.

Oh yea, Clint Baby is also a Libertarian. Need I say more?


There's a lot more to the interview and if you want to read it go to

http://film.guardian.co.uk/interview/interviewpages/0,,2283921,00.html

It's highly entertaining.

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

I am totally going to read the interview! For a 70-something year old to say that "he needs to shut his face" is completely awesome!

anyone who knows me, knows I'm all about equality for EVERYONE, but if it's not historically accurate, then what's the point? History is history and I say don't mess with it, SPIKE!