. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday, June 9th - Hero: The Shack

No, I am not talking about an enormous basketball player.

It's a book. A great book. A really, really great book...

I picked this little paperback book up at Wal-Mart last week and read it in just a few hours. I am going to give it to Bobby to read, then, I am going to read it again. It's that good.

I had no intentions of getting this book, because I had never heard of it or the author. I was browsing the paperbacks, looking for some reading for my next two trips. After making a couple of selections I turned to the New Releases to see what's coming out, and there, nestled between the hardbacks, was this little book called 'The Shack' by a guy named William P. Young. I read the back and it sounded a little depressing so I skipped it.

But I couldn't forget this book. All the rest of my shopping I kept thinking of it, so I went back and got it. Now I know it was the Holy Spirit telling me to read it. This book has had a profound effect on me. Reading this book was better than any sermon I have ever sat through, even better than my most in-depth discussions with Pastor Jeff Richards (and that is saying ALOT).

The premise of the book is about a man that loses his little girl to a serial killer and her body is never found. Several years later he gets a note in the mail from God, asking him to come to 'the shack' for a visit. The Shack is where the only evidence from his daughters murder was ever found.

What happens from there is so gut wrenching, but so wonderful at the same time. And let me tell you, the book is fiction, but so many things written resonated with me, because a lot of what is in this book is exactly the way I have interpreted and imagined the Holy Trinity and Heaven to be like.

If you like, this is the website for the book: www.theshackbook.com. Let me know what you think if you read it!

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

0 comments: