. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday, January 12th - Hero: Bill Connor

This is a guy I met on an airplane last year. I don't really remember which flight, except that it was a connection flight to Dallas.

I remember him though. He was a very nice guy who was with the Army Air Guard. He lives in San Antonio and that is what got us to talking. San Antonio is one of my favorite cities!

We talked to whole flight. He had daughters and we talked about them, and we talked about religion, but we mostly talked about traveling. He traveled alot, too.

In the course of conversation I mentioned how much I loved Argentina and Costa Rica which got us to talking about the fact that you can drive Highway 1 (or 101) starting at the northern most tip of the states all the way down to the tip of Patagonia in Argentina. That led us to talk about the book 'The Motorcycle Diaries' which chronicles a couple of young guys journey along this highway.

So guess what shows up in my mail today??? A DVD copy of the movie 'The Motorcycle Diaries' from Bill. He also sent a letter telling about the Hurricane work his unit has been doing and some training videos they have been shooting.

So, Bill Connor is my Hero today for reminding me that while travel can be a chore and sometimes unpleasant, there are some really great people out there - just waiting to be met.

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

Sheila C said...

I keep checking; and watching and waiting...FINALLY a new blog! I am so excited! It is always great to meet and make new friends... :)