. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday, May 16th - Hero: Bobby King

Yes, this is my husband. He is fishing in the Wal-Mart Open and is currently in 6th place.

Now, he has to weigh-in today and he may fall, but it doesn't matter. He is being very cool under pressure and knows exactly where the credit lies. I have every confidence that he will give it his best effort and will give God the control.

You see, our life has been a little unsettled lately. The business at Cabinet shop has been basically dried up. Bobby has only gotten paid 2 out of the last 9 weeks. That's pretty devastating to a Household budget to say the least.

What's so incredibly amazing about that, however, is that every single time I start wondering how we are going to make it, how we are going to be able to buy groceries or gas, God sends us a miracle. First was the Tax Rebate, then there was an unexpected expense check, then a couple of small jobs for friends. And now, he has the opportunity to make some money by fishing. In a tournament that he didn't find out he was fishing in until 2 days before.

God is faithful to those who are faithful in him. Obviously we have prayed alot and our church has prayed a lot for his situation to change. Prayer is so very powerful.
But so is tithing. You see, through this whole struggle, the one thing that I have refused to cut out of the budget is our 10% tithe. From experience, I know that our tithe check is the best investment I make. At minimum it is a 1 for 1 return, in that I have NEVER missed that money. At best it is uncountable. For instance, what is happening in our lives right now.

If you don't tithe, I would seriously consider it. Not that God needs your money - far from it. It's just that it's a true act of faith. Face it - we put more importance on money than anything else we have. By giving it to Him, we are showing our faith in His word and His promises.

I hope to be an testament in this. God has never once failed to provide my needs when I have trusted Him. In the 10 years that I have been tithing, He has increased my income 200%.

Think AG Edwards could do that?????????


Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy