. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday, May 12th: Hero: Moms

If you are a Mom, then I salute you.

Mom is a pretty expansive word. This can be Mom, Grandmom, Great-Grandmom. They can be birth, foster, or adoptive mom.

You can be a mother to your child, your students, or your pet. You can be a mother to your spouse, for sure!

Basically, if you put someone else's needs above your own, or keep giving and doing for someone even after you have reached your breaking point, you are a mother.

Being a mother of a daughter who has graduated and is looking at college courses, I have been through several stages of motherhood. It can be exhilirating, exhausting, devastating, wonderful, amazing, and most of all, humbling.

I never really felt before Erika was born. Not really, really felt. I'm not exactly an emotional person, but sometimes just thinking about my girl I feel like God is squeezing my heart. It becomes hard to breathe and my eyes sting. It's what being in love feels like I suppose.

I know that our Bible calls God 'Him' and 'He', but if you stop and think about it, God is both masculine and feminine. How could He not be? You can't create something that is not in you.

And that, my friends, is what is truly amazing about God. That's what gives me goosebumps and makes the hairs on my arms stand up. That feeling that I get when I look at my child, that lump that grows in the back of my throat, those tears that burn the back of my eyes.. That feeling is what God feels for me... it's what He feels for you... For all of us, His children... His creations.

This is just one more reason I know that God is real, that God is our Creator. How else do you describe the pure, unadulterated joy that comes from being, and being loved by, a Mother?

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

YAY!

You're BACK!

Mrs. Hopkins
HAHA