. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, Feb 10th - Hero: Road Warriors

I have so much respect for people that travel for their living. I don't know how they do it.

I do a fair amount of travel, and a lot of mine comes in large chunks. I am currently in the middle of one of those chunks. I was in KCMO for a week, and right now I am sitting in a hotel in Memphis, TN. Tomorrow I go to Murphreesboro, or maybe it's Manchester. See, I am already losing a grip on reality. Anyway, I have 4 more weeks after this of Sunday-Friday travel. Worse, I think my husband is secretly happy... at least my Dog will miss me!

So, it's been an interesting couple of weeks in Politics. Looks like the candidates will be McCain and Obama. Dear God, please help us.

As I feared, the war is going to be the deciding factor in our president. McCain is for finishing the war, continuing to spend billions to colonize the Middle East. He's also very liberal on immigration. His record on fiscal issues is not so great either - he voted against the Bush Tax Cuts, but he's now saying that he would make them permanent. That's good. The other good thing about McCain is that he is for stopping the "Pork Barrel" spending. This is VERY good.

Obama is the guy that anti-war folk will vote for. I wouldn't be surprised if he announced a withdrawal plan within a month or two of taking office. This will make lots of people happy and they will forgive him for all the other bad crap he does. For a while anyway. When he takes away the tax cuts for anyone making over $50k per year, there will be some grumbling. When he takes an additional 10% of income from people making over $97k for Social Security without increasing their benefits, some people will cheer until small business owners have to lay-off staff or not give raises. When he re-instates affirmative action and their is a huge increase in unemployed white college graduates, who will care? Whether you know it or not, you will. Everyone will. Obama is a quietly angry guy. And that scares the crap out of me. I don't want to pay the price for whatever perceived wrongs he's holding on to.

If I sound fatalistic, I guess I am a little. I really recommend that everyone keep a very close eye on your earnings and savings. It could be a scary 4 years coming up, especially if we end up with a Dem president and a Dem House and Senate. Your taxes WILL go up - I guarantee it.

I'm not going to say vote for McCain, but I am going to say vote AGAINST Obama.

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

You're ALIVE!
I was worried.
I was having withdrawals.

You SOUND like you think Obama is not only going to take the nomination but that he is going to win office. What's up?