. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tuesday, Feb 19th - Zero: Michelle Obama

Sometimes it is too easy.

I'm sure you have all heard about what Michelle Obama said in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. In case you haven't, though, here it is:

“People in this country are ready for change and hungry for a different kind of politics and … for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.”

Then, just to make sure no one could mistake what she meant, she repeated it later the same day in Madison, Wisconsin:

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change,” she said. “I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

Considering that Mrs. Obama became an adult in the early 80's, she is saying the end of the Cold War without a shot fired is nothing to be proud of. Or the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 91, the liberation of Kuwait, the appointing of the first female Supreme Court judge. Or how about the invention of the personal computer, the Internet, mobile phones. Medical advancements, anyone? First artificial heart transplant, MRI invented, radiosurgery invented, huge advancements in the treatment of cancer, aids, etc.

Finally, is there nothing in the last 25 years to be proud of in the arena of human compassion? I don't know about you guys but I was very proud to be an American when we all banded together after the bombing of the Oklahoma City buildings. Same after 9/11. What about the millions of dollars we raised for the victims of the Tsunami and Hurricane Katrina? These are the huge ones. There are millions of examples of Americans stepping up and taking care of others in small and large ways.

Michelle Obama's ridiculously stupid statement pissed me off in a bad way. As far as I'm concerned, war has been declared. Because America is not the land between Mexico and Canada. America is not our government. No, America is people. Us - me and you. And for that ignorant woman to stand up in front of a crowd and say that WE have done nothing that makes her proud, well, BRING IT BI-OTCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone should have shown her the tapes of Teresa Heinz Kerry.

Grrrrrrrrrrr...

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

0 comments: