. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday, Feb 24th - Zeros : Truckers on I-40

For some reason, this only applies to the section of I-40 between Little Rock and Memphis. I have made this particular journey 5 times in the last couple of weeks and it has been HELL!!!

I must have missed the memo that says that the interstate belongs to the truck drivers and that us regular car people should bow to their will..

There was a couple of times that I am sure I resembled Hulk Hogan - veins sticking out on my neck, eye ticking, hand gestures. I'm sure you get the picture!

My particular issue: I have the cruise set to about 80mph, cruising along pretty good, then I see a line of 3 semi's in the right line a mile or two up the road. They are stacked pretty tight, but no one seems to be making a move. Can you guess what happens? Sure you can!
I get caught up to them, move the the left lane, and about the time my front bumper is even with the trucks rear bumper, Mr. Trucker whips over in my lane and proceeds to take the next 10 stinkin miles to pass his two buddies.

This happened a minimum of 30 times to me last Friday on my way home.

But again, my fault for not getting the memo and having the audacity to think the 30% in taxes I pay gives me the right to use the Interstate system!!!!

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

God bless you.
I don't miss all that driving, like I had to do with FLW.

You seem to be traveling an awful lot lately!