. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday, Nov 7th - Zero: Me

I am a total goober. Really. But a goober with really great friends.

I have gotten lots of messages of encouragement from folks who have gone through much worse than me, and they are concerned for me. You guys are awesome. How some of you can keep from telling me to 'suck it up sally' is really quite beyond me.

My friend Karyn, down in Houston, sent me tons of notes yesterday letting me in on her own struggle with these kinds of issues. She's lost all of her grandparents, and doesn't even live in the same state as either of her parents. I can't imagine that, not having a large support system just down the road. On the plus side for her - she has an amazing husband.

My friend Alan sent just something short and sweet and encouraging. He's dealt with losses, as well as living a state away from his family. I love him dearly.

Karyn's mom, Dickie, also sent a great note over. She's awesome.

And you guys already heard about Darlene. By herself, she's the best thing to happen to me in my adult life. And - she brought Ann into my life. Double bonus.

Anyway, it's an embarrasment of riches, truly. The great thing about it is that I have been reminded of just how awesome things are for me. Maybe that is why I take the bad stuff so hard.

I have a great job that I love. It's tough and I am away from home a lot, but the work is very rewarding. I have a fantastic family. My mom is one of my biggest cheerleaders. She has ALWAYS made sure that I knew that I could do anything I want. She never talks about barriers with me, and is always letting me know she is proud of me. My Dad is strong, and good, and always does the right thing. When lots of Dads were bailing on their kids, he was doing everything he could to be there (more than i wanted when I was a teen..). I love my brother more than I know how to express and his wife is just one of the most decent loving people I have ever met. She makes me look good every Christmas because of her creativity, her passion is contagious, and she is an amazing mother. My dear baby girl, Erika, is an amazingly wonderful woman - a lot like me, but better in so many ways.

So really, what have I got to complain about? I have a few things not perfect, but so does everyone else.

Thank you all for helping me recover. If you ever doubt God is using you remember this - He used you yesterday.

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

2 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

We love you

Dickie said...

Hang in there girl, I for one think you are an awesome person and a wonderful example of a truely 'good person' and so full of heart. I am proud to call you friend!
luv ya
come see us...getting fresh moonshine!!!