. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 4, 2008

Friday Jan 4 - Hero: Dogs and Cats

I took the Real Age Assessment this morning at http://www.realage.com/ which is the website that goes along with the book I talked about yesterday.


Turns out that a key ingredient to reduce our 'real age' or physiological age is to have pets to love. Luckily I have 3! This is Ringo on your right. So, this kept my real age in a manageable category. I was scared since the only fruit I eat comes in a pastry shell... and french fries don't count as a vegetable....

I've always heard that having a pet can reduce your stress. I think whoever said that didn't have a boxer! They are so high-energy and spastic that they can really get on your nerves. On the other hand, Ringo is the most loving dog I have ever had. 72lb lap dog..

I'm probably going to talk a lot about Dr. Oz's book and politics over the next few days. I'll try to keep it to a non-babbling level, but no promises. As for the book, I found out yesterday that you can slow down and even reverse some of the effects of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's by halting the production of a nasty little protein called Apo E4. This E4 slows down the clean up of a substance called Beta-Amyloid from our brain. You can stop E4 by doing just a couple things:

1) Exercising for 10 minutes - that's right, just ten minutes. The best thing is to do an exercise that will engage your brain, such as Tai Chi, Yoga, or pilates.

2) Eat foods that contain turmeric and curcumin, which are Indian food spices. Curry spices. You can probably also get them as a supplement. Did you know that way less than 1% of India natives have Az or Parkinsons? You should also try to eat plenty of fish or take Omega-3.

3) Laugh. Truly - laughing releases hormones that kicks e4's butt!

Now ~ on to politics. All I am going to say is don't get too excited about what happened in Iowa. It's just one state out of 50. True, the Republican candidate that wins Iowa typically wins the nomination, but there's no rule that says that is the way it has to be. And as for the Democrats, well, Iowa just doesn't count, really. Iowa is a Republican state, period. What you will usually see is the Democrat that wins New Hampshire ends up being the nominee. Again, not set in stone.

In closing, I am going to beg everyone to make sure and study the issues for yourself. Every poll, every on-line questionaire, every media story has been crafted in a way to get the desired outcome for the person that put it together. Do your due diligence and at that point your gut will start speaking to you. Follow it. And remember EVERY vote and voice counts. Every great event in history began with ONE VOICE speaking out...

Peace, Love, and GOD,

Tracy

0 comments: