. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday January 18th - Hero: Neal Boortz

I was forwarded an email from Mom that was one of the best I've ever seen.

I contained a commencement speech made at a University by Neal Boortz. He is a syndicated talk radio show host from Atlanta.

The speech was long, so I won't post the whole thing on here, but if you would like to see the whole thing, feel free to email me and I will send it over to you.

The gist of the message was this: It's easy to be a liberal when you are in college living in an isolated environment. You are surrounded by liberal professors who have never been able to make it in the real world. After all, those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.... But, for those that go out into the real world and get jobs find out very quickly that liberalism sucks for working families!

Here's a snippet:

Now, I realize that most of you consider yourselves Liberals. In fact, you are probably very proud of your liberal views. You care so much. You feel so much. You want to help so much. After all, you're a compassionate and caring person, aren't you now? Well, isn't that just so extraordinarily special. Now, at this age, is as good a time as any to be a liberal; as good a time as any to know absolutely everything. You have plenty of time, starting tomorrow, for the truth to set in.

Over the next few years, as you begin to feel the cold breath of reality down your neck, things are going to start changing pretty fast... including your own assessment of just how much you really know.

Liberals feel. Liberals care. They are pack animals whose identity is tied up in group dynamics. Conservatives and Libertarians think -- and, setting aside the theocracy crowd, their identity is centered on the individual.Liberals feel that their favored groups have enforceable rights to the property and services of productive individuals. Conservatives and Libertarians, I among them I might add, think that individuals have the right to protect their lives and their property from the plunder of the masses.

In college you developed a group mentality, but if you look closely at your diplomas you will see that they have your individual names on them. Not the name of your school mascot, or of your fraternity or sorority, but your name. Your group identity is going away. Your recognition and appreciation of your individual identity starts now.

If, by the time you reach the age of 30, you do not consider yourself to be a libertarian or a conservative, rush right back here as quickly as you can and apply for a faculty position. These people will welcome you with open arms. They will welcome you, that is, so long as you haven't developed an individual identity. Once again you will have to be willing to sign on to the group mentality you embraced during the past four years.


Boy, that hits it right on the head, doesn't it. In our country, you are very much discouraged from being an individual. Think about it. When you first meet someone, don't you automatically stick them in a box? Don't you make assumptions about them from a stereotypical view? It's easier! That way we don't have to spend nearly as much time getting to know that person. In our drive-though society we haven't got the time to spend on crap like individuality...

Here's the thing to think about on this, though. That's exactly what the government wants from us. We are so much easier to control when we identify ourselves with a group. For instance, we have been brainwashed by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton that there's still this major race war in our country. Why? Cause it makes whites more easy to control.. I know very few people these days that even think about race anymore, except in context of the words we say. Think about it for a minute. You know why people are still segregated? Because we are all scared to death of saying something wrong and being branded a racist. It's easier to stick to your own.

Of course, within to group of race, you are then whittled down into more groups: men, women, christian, pagan, muslim, democrat, republican, gay, straight, etc, etc,...

Well, I am sick of being in a box. And I am really tired of people trying to make me feel guilty for who I am. I am tired of being made to feel like I owe everything I have to luck. As Mr. Boortz says in his speech. We are all where we are because of choices we made.

I hope we all make good choices today.

Peace, love, and GOD,
Tracy

2 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

I know who I am!

I'm a southerner!

Tracy Curtis said...

Ok, usually I agree with you. I agree with the individuality point but I don't think that professors and teachers should fall in the category of "can't make it in the real world" and don't think they are liberal just cause they teach. Just my opinion. :)