. BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thursday Jan 3rd - Hero(s): Drs. Roizen and Oz

I have been reading the You: Staying Young and You: On a Diet books. These guys have pretty well changed the way I think about my body. Honestly.

It's Resolution time, of course, and most people are thinking about their health and their weight and making goals to improve both. I am, too. But this year I am going to approach it from the point of view of making measurable improvements in my health.

I'm taking Bobby with me on this journey, too. We are going to start exercising 30 minutes every night. Shouldn't be too hard if we do it together. And we are going to start taking supplements. Did you know that the second most important organ in your body is your intestines? I swear it's true. The intestines control the production of seratonin, which is your mood control (need I say more)... Also, all your nutrient absorbtion which feeds your cells.

Any way, my best friend Darlene was telling me about several supplements that you can take to keep your intestines healthy and I am going to try them. I know a lady, Ms. Lillian Darr, who is 107 years young and in much better health than most people in their 60's. One of her secrets of a long life? Brewer's Yeast, which improves the health of... yep, the intestines!

Now I know why Oprah talks about poo so much.

I am going to drag Bobby to see Dr. Fox and get a blood test that tells you what vitamins and minerals you are deficient in. Then, I am going to do my level best to wipe out those defeciencies the natural way - adding foods that contain them. The others I will add through supplements / teas / shakes.

Naturally, eating better is on my list. I've tried to deny this I think (to myself anyway), but Sugar is the DEVIL... I think it was his invention to make us die young. As far as I can tell, the only good sugar is the kind that comes from toddlers... which is the BEST!!

Seriously, natural sugar is okay (the kind from fruits and vegetables), but High Fructose Corn Syrup is like injecting yourself with death particles. Any food that has that as one of the 1st three ingredients is completely off my list.

This is where I warn all of you: for the first couple of weeks, I will be like a crack addict in withdrawal. Please accept my apologies up front!

For anyone interested in extending your body's warranty with me, just Google Dr. Oz and you will be guided to the best place to purchase his book.

Good luck with all your resolutions this year. I know where you can get free help with them if you need it. His name is God. He's easy to find - just send your knee-mail through His Son.

Peace, Love, and GOD,
Tracy

1 comments:

The Tomball Three said...

As soon as you get your info about the Yeast or anything Darlene told you, please pass it on. I want to be healthy too!

Dr Oz says to eat more fiber- it's the miracle diet cure- it helps you to maintain weight and it lowers your cholestoral naturally, by not allowing certain things to be digested, i.e. absorbed.

I want to go on this journey with you.

Sugar is the devil, but the devil is so SWEET...